Tuesday, October 15, 2013

CANDY GAMEEEEE

    I walked up to my free enterprise class, expecting to just walk right in and take my usual seat in the classroom and listen to another long lecture about the government shutdown. When I arrived to the
door, I noticed that the two doors that were normally opened up to the classroom were shut and Mr. Kapptie was out in the hallway standing in front of the door telling all of his students to place their backpacks and other belongings against the wall in the hallway. Confused, I placed my backpack against the wall in the hallway and joined the other confused students of the class in a cluster infront of one of the doors.
    Kapptie rose his voice in an effort to get everyone's attention. Once our large class began to silence themselves, Kapptie explained that once we are let into the classroom that we were to grab as many things as we can and to dedicate a specific spot in the classroom to all the things that you gathered. Not knowing what I was gathering and what I was about to walk into I waited for further instructions. He separated the class in half and had each half stand in front of the now cracked open doors. Kapptie disappeared into the room. We stood there waiting for his "okay" to go in. I didn't hear him say it, but he must have because everyone started to push and shove. I was pushed and shoved and twisted and turned around until I made it into the classroom. I struggled to escape the group of people, but when I did I came into the classroom where the floor was covered in a variety of different candies and Monopoly money, and other slips of paper. Displayed on the walls were videos that added unnecessary noise to the commotion that had already filled up the room. Once I saw all the others start grabbing for as much candy and money as they could I followed their example and did the same. I then dedicated a spot in the classroom for my candies and orginized my money from the lowest value to the greatest. I then orginized my candies, as I realized that we would be trading and trying to sell our candies, as well as buy candies off of others for reasonable prices, trying to end up with the greatest amount of money in the end. The smell and temperature in the room wasn't the greatest. Sweaty and stressed I tried to figure out how everything worked, which I did really figure out till towards the end of the game. I just pretty much ran around confused the first part of the game. But ended up with a decent price of over 2,000.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone really was pushing and shoving for the candy it was utter koas. Plus it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe have a little bit more about your feelings during the event

    ReplyDelete